Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Diary: December 23, 2008

Today is Wednedsday, but I am recounting my Tuesdays events. Yesterday, I worked early in the morning for Mario. He is leaving the company for newer and better things. He was hired has an accountant. I wish the gentleman the best of luck.

Now, I was sitting at the loading dock and usually is a slowly painful wait so the day could end, but it was total opposite. The morning went quite fast. The morning began by me reading Sunday's newspaper. I like to read the newspaper because it helps me in every aspect of my education and expand my knowledge in world events. I could not read the entire newspaper only after midday. I took the time to speak to Carlos, Jantrez, employee. He is does daily porter duties throughout the building. He likes to talk. His behavior is very innocent when he approaches a person. However, I know that he acts gentle and all innocent in order to get what he needs. He approaches with a very delicate manner that begs for assistance. He does not like to make on the spot decision when he encounters them. It is not that he is not sure, but prefer someone else to make the decision for him to avoid and finger pointing toward him. He prefers to avoid problems and resolved them even without questioning is legality, ethics, moral and rationale. Is it fear? It is fear being without a job. Especially with the current economical situation the nation and the world is going through.

We spoke about diversify subject that were very enjoyable. He wanted to know from me if his english was understood from the a scale 1 to 10. He speaks the english very good. He might get stuck in speaking some word, but overall he speaks the language better than some that have been living in Miami, Florida for many years.

Anyways, the time went fast. I departed from work to go to the gym for a few hours before going home. I didn't stay too long in the gym because I had a appointment with my girfriend Maria at Aventura Mall. She is going to help in buying christmast present for my family. It won't take long because I already have a mental pictures what to buy for my family. I don't really like going to the mall during the holidays. It gets crowded with people and parking is like finding a needle in a haystack. However, we got lucky. We found a parking on the second level right next to the Macy store. We were fortunate because during the holidays parking is at a premium.

Once we finish shopping, we went to get something to eat. We got a philly cheese steak sandwhich value meal. The sandwhich was alright, but it did not have any flavor like the one in publix. Anyway, I am not going to dwell on it.

Afterwards, we left the mall and the night was over. My girlfriend could not stay longer because she had to wake up early in the morning to work. The good news for her that she is getting out of work early around noon.

As for me, I went home watch a little bit of Modern Marvel which is my favorite show. I stayed up alittle late, but fell asleep. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment